Hida Furukawa Cycling Tour
This full‐day program is a combination of the traditional landscape and the countryside, including half day cycling in the morning followed by a hearty local cuisine for lunch.
Hida Satoyama Cycling offers guided cycling tours in Hida, Gifu prefecture. (Perfect day trip from Takayama!)
This tour provides travelers a rare opportunity to interact with the local culture and people living in the Japanese countryside. You will ride as a small group through the beautiful “Satoyama” landscape in the Japanese Alps, providing travelers with up close views of the rice patties, farms, and the rivers which run through the Hida region.
In the backdrop, you will see the majestic snow-capped peaks of the highest mountains of the Northern Japanese Alps. The group will stop by areas such as the local farmer’s market and water springs frequented by locals. These stop points are not on any guidebook and part of the local lifestyle. Lucky travelers may be even welcomed into a local home, some which have been standing for hundreds of years.
Various tours are available to fit the needs of travelers based on age, and fitness levels. Families with small children are also provided with children’s bicycles and/or child seats.
Join us and experience beyond the guidebooks!
- English speaking guide
- Bicycle rental fee
- Accident insurance
For latest prices, please contact Experience Japan
Looking at doing other itineraries? We can do an order made cycling tour for you. Price will depend on the places visited but will not be too much different from the ready-made tours. For more information please enquire with Experience Japan team!
This full‐day program (10am – 15pm), is a combination of the traditional landscape and the countryside, including half day cycling in the morning followed by a hearty local cuisine for lunch. In the afternoon, you will participate in a guided walk in the serene town of Furukawa, known for its beautiful architecture and townscape. Tour starts and finishes at Hida Satoyama Cycling Office. Directions will be provided to you with your final documents.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking this tour on its own will incur a booking fee of $50 per person
- Booking for this tour must be made at least 7 days prior to departure and is subject to availability
- A non-refundable deposit is required within 7 days of booking
- In the case of rain, we will contact you on contingency plans. If the weather is too inappropriate for riding, we will cancel the tour. In this case, we will contact you prior to the start of the tour.
- Full payment is required 45 days prior to travel
- Please make sure you are able to ride a bicycle prior to participating as cycling lesson is not included. High level is not required, as tour guide will pace the tour depending on your a ability
- Credit card fees apply
- Cancellation fees apply
- New World Travel Pty Ltd. ABN 84 003 148 196 ATAS: ATASA10506